Holiday Parade Details
(Saturday December 8th)
Call Time is 4:30PM. Students cannot be late. Traffic will be extremely busy. Students should be in the downtown area at least 30 minutes early to make the 4:30 call time. Students parking at the end of the parade and walking to the meeting location will need a lot more time!
BRING 2 BOTTLES OF WATER - Most students will be thirsty at some point. Dehydration is NO joke. Students need to drink plenty of water before the parade begins!
Remember, Atlantic Ave will be closed! - Road blocks can be as far as 5 blocks away from Atlantic Avenue! Please plan ahead by taking alternate routes to drop-off and pick-up locations. Use the map below!
- if you're coming from the North, use either Woolbright or George Bush Bridge, to get to A1A, and then head South to Atlantic.
- If you're coming from the South, use Linton Blvd. Bridge to get to A1A, head North to Atlantic Ave, and enter there.
Map link to the pick-up location. Pick-up is at the NW 5th Avenue and NW 2nd Street intersection. The parade starts at 6pm, and students should plan for pickup around 6:45pm. As demonstrated on the maps below, the parade will end on the north of Atlantic Ave. near NW 5th Ave. The band will pick a spot to stop and students can call parents for pickup. We will also send out a Remind SMS text.
For parking info visit http://www.downtowndelra
WE NEED VOLUNTEERS! -Parents, if you are able please sign up to help walk with the band in the parade. We need you!
- Go to our event calendar to sign-up to volunteer. Click on the event and sign-up
- Chaperones please bring a light bag/backpack to help carry supplies and other items we might need help with.
Parents PLEASE make sure you are signed up for Remind!
- We will be sending out a Remind SMS text Saturday once we have our exact line-up location. Our default meeting point is at the Gleason St intersection described below. The band will be lining up near that intersection.
- We will also send an SMS text at the end of the parade to announce any possible changes to our pick-up point.
- Sign up for our Remindtexting system by texting @achsmu to the number 81010.
For more information, visit the event website at This Link.