St. Patty's Parade Details
(Saturday March 16th)
Call Time is 12:30PM. Students cannot be late. Traffic will be extremely busy. Students should be in the downtown area at least 30 minutes early to make the 12:30PM call time. Students parking at the end of the parade and walking to the meeting location will need a lot more time!
BRING 2 BOTTLES OF WATER - Most students will be thirsty at some point. Dehydration is NO joke. Students need to drink plenty of water before the parade begins!
Leave your instrument case in the car. Only bring your instrument & items you can hide on your person and are willing to carry for the entire parade route!
Music MUST be memorized. You can bring a copy to review with in warm-up, but no music or flip folders are allowed for the performance.
Remember, Atlantic Ave will be closed! - Road blocks can be as far as 5 blocks away from Atlantic Avenue! Please plan ahead by taking alternate routes to drop-off and pick-up locations. Use the map below!
- if you're coming from the North, use either Woolbright or George Bush Bridge, to get to A1A, and then head South to Atlantic.
- If you're coming from the South, use Linton Blvd. Bridge to get to A1A, head North to Atlantic Ave, and enter there.
Map link to the pick-up location. Pick-up is at the NW 5th Avenue and NW 2nd Street intersection. The parade starts at 2:00pm, and parents should plan for pickup around 2:45pm. As demonstrated on the maps below, the parade will end on the north of Atlantic Ave. near NW 5th Ave. The band will pick a spot to stop and students can call parents for pickup. We will also send out a Remind SMS text.
For parking info visit http://www.downtowndelra
WE NEED VOLUNTEERS! -Parents, if you are able please sign up to help walk with the band in the parade. We need you!
- Go to our event calendar to sign-up to volunteer. Click on the event and sign-up. (Or use this direct link)
- Chaperones please bring a light bag/backpack to help carry supplies and other items we might need help with. Mostly your job will be to walk the parade to keep bystanders from entering or crossing the band while they march.
Parents PLEASE make sure you are signed up for Remind!
- We will be sending out a Remind SMS text Saturday once we have our exact line-up location. Our default meeting point is at the Gleason St intersection described below. The band will be lining up near that intersection.
- We will also send an SMS text at the end of the parade to announce any possible changes to our pick-up point.
- Sign up for our Remindtexting system by texting @achsmu to the number 81010.
For more information: