FAU Performance Details for 2/23/2019
Saturday (2/23) is our performance at the FAU Concert Festival! There are also other activities going on that students will be a part of. This event is an important opportunity to help prepare students for Concert MPA. It is a grade and participation is mandatory, and will be a fun way to make a large contribution to our musical progress. The mandatory expectations are outlined below. Students will be able to observe additional performances if desired.
Itinerary & Mandatory Expectations for Festival
- 1:00pm – Check-In with Mr. Bowman in front of the theatre
- 1:15pm – Observe FAU Wind Ensemble performance
- Clarinets, saxophones, & trombones - Must attend their corresponding masterclasses. Please check the attached schedule.
- All other sections - Must attend one additional performance, or they can attend one of the earlier masterclasses during the day if there is one for their instrument.
- 4:30pm – Meet in front of theatre to prepare for warm-up, performance, and clinic. Students should by this time be in concert attire and have their instrument/music ready to perform.
- 6:30pm – Dismissal
- Plan ahead by making sure your concert attire is ready.
- Arrive having already eaten lunch! We do not know of any concessions available, and FAU does not have any nearby food venues for you to purchase snacks/dinner under our supervision.
- Parents, if you want your child to be able to leave between activities, Mr. Bowman must have a note from you! Handwritten notes, Remind texts, and emails are all ok. Students by default not allowed to leave when they are under teacher supervision. Furthermore, if you are picking our child up between activities please be sure to let Mr. Bowman know!
There is no district provided transportation. This is not a field trip, which means students must be dropped-off and picked-up at the FAU site.
Students can opt to see other performances of groups they enjoy throughout the day. Look at the published schedule, as there are many great bands performing both Friday and Saturday!